PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
Adapted from Jif
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chunks
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick cooking spray.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, granulated sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer until well blended. Add egg and beat until incorporated.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture at low speed. Mix just until blended. Stir in chocolate chunks. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet. Flatten slightly with the palm of your hand (cookies do not spread much).
- 4. Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until set and just lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.