Saturday, November 17, 2018

Soft and Chewy Almond Cookies

We are rapidly approaching two years since my last post so I decided I couldn't let 2018 go by without sharing at least one recipe.  A lot has happened since January 2017, but my love of baking and all things sweet has remained the same.  As we approach the holidays, I had asked my husband to help me come up with a list of cookies to bake.  He suggested some almond flavored cookies, which is something I did not remember making before.  He wanted a soft and chewy cookie, as opposed to a crisp or crunchy one.  After combing the internet I settled on these, making only minor changes to size and baking time.  These turned out crisp on the outside, and soft and chewy in the center.  They also received the coveted Husband Seal of Approval!



SOFT AND CHEWY ALMOND COOKIES
Adapted slightly from Beyond Frosting

INGREDIENTS
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
2 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon almond extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cream of tarter
Sliced almonds

DIRECTIONS
1. Combine the butter and sugar and beat on medium speed until well creamed together.

2. Add the eggs and almond extract. Mix into butter and sugar until the eggs are well beaten.

3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Slowly add into batter and beat on medium low speed until well combined and dough forms.

4. Place round heaping tablespoons of dough onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Place 4-5 sliced almonds on top of the cookies. Refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour.

5. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Place about 2 inches apart and bake at 350° F for 9-11 minutes until edges are set and centers are no longer shiny. Allow cookie to cool on the baking sheet for several minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

2 comments:

  1. The main functions of a kitchen are to store, prepare and cook food and to complete related tasks such as dishwashing.ge microwave vent fan won t turn off

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a truly cool post. I love this kitchen. Totally the style would fit me.ge microwave vent fan won t turn off

    ReplyDelete