If you like peanut butter cups then you will definitely love these cookies. The dough is baked in mini muffin tins, and then while the dough is still warn a miniature peanut butter cup is pressed into the center. I've also discovered that the chocolate on the top of the peanut butter cup melts, so it is really easy to throw on some festive winter (or other) decorations if you so desire.
PEANUT BUTTER CUP COOKIES
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons milk
40 miniature chocolate covered peanut butter cups (such as Reeces), unwrapped
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Sift together flour, salt, and baking soda; set aside.
3. Cream together the butter, sugar, peanut butter, and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla, and milk. Add the flour mixture and mix just until combined.
4. Shape into approximately 40 balls and place one ball in each well of a mini muffin pan. You may have to do this in more than one batch if you don't have enough pans.
5. Bake for about 8 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press a miniature peanut butter cup into the center of each mound of dough. Cool and carefully remove from pan.