The dry ingredients.
CARROT PINEAPPLE CAKE
Adapted slightly from allrecipes.com
INGREDIENTS - CAKE
3/4 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups shredded carrots
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
INGREDIENTS - ICING
16 tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
16 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
6 cups confectioners' sugar
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 9-inch round pans. Line bottom of pans with parchment.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine eggs, buttermilk, oil, sugar and vanilla. Mix well. Add flour mixture and mix well.
4. In a medium bowl, combine shredded carrots, coconut, walnuts, and pineapple.
5. Using a large wooden spoon or a very heavy whisk, add carrot mixture to batter and fold in well.
6. Pour batter into prepared pans and bake for 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Allow cakes to cool in pans for 10 minutes, then turn out onto wire racks and cool completely.
8. For the Icing - With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the butter and cream cheese until fluffy. Slowly add powdered sugar until desired sweetness is reached. Beat in the vanilla and salt. Beat for about two more minutes until icing is light and fluffy. Spread icing over cooled cake.
This post is linked to Sweets for a Saturday and Sweet Indulgences Sunday.