Sunday, December 18, 2011

Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting

Sometimes I think the only reason I eat cake is for the frosting.  I just really really really love frosting.  When I was a kid, I used to eat all of the cake first, and then have a pile of frosting that I would eat separately after I had rid my plate of that pesky cake.  My tastes are slightly more refined these days, as I will go ahead and eat my cake and frosting together.  Nonetheless, this peanut butter frosting is so delicious I really could eat it on its own.  It tastes great on both cakes and brownies.
PEANUT BUTTER BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
From Hannah's Kitchen

INGREDIENTS
1 cup peanut butter
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup heavy cream

DIRECTIONS
1. Beat peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer until combined.

2. Gradually add in powdered sugar and heavy cream.

3. When the sugar and cream have been incorporated, beat the frosting on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes.

This post has been linked to Sweets for a Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment