You really can't go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate. It is a time-tested, well-loved flavor combination. I happen to be a huge fan of the dynamic duo, and I am always looking for recipes that showcase these flavors. These cupcakes are fairly dense, moist, and the flavor resembles a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie. I really like these. A lot. If you store these cupcakes in the refrigerator make sure to set them out at room temperature 30 minutes before eating so the chocolate chips can warm up.
PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP CUPCAKES
Adapted from Recipe Snobs
INGREDIENTS - CUPCAKES
1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
INGREDIENTS - FROSTING
1 cup peanut butter
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup heavy cream
1. For the cupcakes - Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with baking cups.
2. Combine the milk and vanilla in small bowl.
Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in bowl. Beat the butter and sugars in
a mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs and blend until smooth. Slowly
mix in peanut butter. Add half the flour mixture and blend slowly. When
fully incorporated, add milk mixture. Continue to blend slowly. Add
remaining flour mixture and mix on low speed just until incorporated.
Add chocolate chips and fold in by hand.
3. Scoop the batter into lined baking cups
and bake for about 22 minutes, or until tops spring back when lightly
touched and the edges are golden brown. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove cupcakes to a rack to cool completely.
4. For the frosting - Beat peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer until combined. Gradually add in powdered sugar and heavy cream. When the sugar and cream have been incorporated, beat the frosting on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
5. Pipe or spread frosting onto fully cooled cupcakes. Decorate with chocolate chips, sprinkles, or a chocolate drizzle, if desired.
This post is linked to Sweets for a Saturday.