Friday, August 9, 2013

Salted Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting

My birthday was last month, and as usual, I made my own cake.  I love making my own birthday cake because I can get exactly what I want and I know it will be delicious.  I paired this icing with a  chocolate cake and added chopped Heath candy bars as a garnish.  I made a homemade caramel sauce, but you could also use a high quality jarred caramel sauce.  This recipe makes enough to frost about two dozen cupcakes or an 8- or 9-inch two-layer cake.  You may need to make extra if you want to pipe decorations onto the cake.  Also, it is critical that your caramel sauce is completely cooled (chilled is fine) to prevent melting the frosting.  Overall, I had another great birthday, and needless to say, this cake was amazing!

SALTED CARAMEL CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
From Brown Eyed Baker

INGREDIENTS

1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup salted caramel sauce (cooled completely)
4 cups powdered sugar

DIRECTIONS
1. Beat together the butter and cream cheese on medium-high speed until combined and fluffy. Pour in the salted caramel and beat until combined.

2. Reduce the speed to medium-low and slowly add the powdered sugar, a little at a time, until it has all been incorporated. Increase the speed to medium-high and beat for an additional two to three minutes, until light and fluffy.

No comments:

Post a Comment