I've been buying lots of blueberries lately, so it seemed natural to make some muffins. I like this recipe better than the blueberry muffin recipe I posted back in March. Enjoy!
The melted butter and milk mixture.
The dry ingredients.
The blueberries are folded into the muffin batter.
The batter is scooped into a muffin tin and sprinkled with sugar.The finished product. Delicious!
BEST BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
Adapted From Gourmet Magazine
3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter
1/3 cup whole milk
1 whole large egg
1 large egg yolk
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
Turbinado sugar for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Generously butter muffin pans.
2. Melt butter in a small saucepan over moderately low heat, then remove from heat. Whisk in milk, then whisk in whole egg, yolk, and vanilla until combined well.
3. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl, then add milk mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in blueberries gently but thoroughly.
4. Divide batter among 12 muffin cups, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
5. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until tops are light brown and a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.