I love love love Nutella. I generally prefer to eat it out of the jar with a spoon, but I decided I could expand my Nutella horizons and use it to make some cookies too. The cookies turned out really well, and had an exquisite soft and chewy texture. For a more pronounced hazelnut flavor, try adding some hazelnut liqueur to the dough.
NUTELLA OATMEAL COOKIES
From Hannah's Kitchen
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup Nutella
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups rolled oats
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter, Nutella, and sugars until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs and beat until combined.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and beat just until combined. Add the oats and beat until combined.
4. Cover the dough and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
5. Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons onto the baking sheet lined with parchment. Bake 8-10 minutes or until the edges are just set. Allow cookies to cool on the sheets for 5 minutes, then remove cookies to a wire rack to col completely.