Sunday, December 12, 2010

Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie

I am not sure if I have ever actually made a pecan pie before.  However, since I now live in the South, I feel like I should have a go-to pecan pie recipe (or chocolate chip pecan pie recipe).  I made this pie for a co-worker's last day at the office.  He is a native Texan, and of course he loves pecan pie.  This recipe turned out great, and my co-workers gave it a big thumbs up.  If you are feeling daring, you can add a tablespoon or two of bourbon to the filling mixture.

CHOCOLATE CHIP PECAN PIE
From Hannah's Kitchen

INGREDIENTS
1 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 eggs
1 cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups pecan halves
1 prepared pie shell

DIRECTIONS
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.

2. In a bowl, beat together the corn syrup, sugar, butter, vanilla, and eggs.

3. In the bottom of the pie crust, neatly arrange pecans and sprinkle chocolate chips over the pecans. Slowly pour syrup mixture into the pie shell, on top of the pecans and chocolate chips.

4. Place pie on cookie sheet and bake for about 1 hour, checking after 45 minutes.

5. Pie is done when top is a deep golden brown and filling is set.  Cool completely before serving.

2 comments:

  1. Nice pie and a good one to make for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my house warming gift for my new neighbor and guess what? we are best of friends now

    ReplyDelete