Today was just one of those days where I needed a homemade cookie. The flavors in this cookie are based on a popular candy bar containing many of the same ingredients. These little babies are packed full of sliced almonds, coconut flakes, and milk chocolate chips. The almond extract in the dough really adds to the flavor so I don't recommend substituting vanilla.
JOYFUL ALMOND, COCONUT AND MILK CHOCOLATE COOKIES
From Hannah's Kitchen
1 cup shortening
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
2/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
2/3 cup sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl combine the flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
3. In the large bowl of a stand mixer beat shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and extract and beat until well mixed. Slowly add the flour and mix until just combined.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips, coconut, and almonds.
5. Use a tablespoon-size cookie scoop to drop the dough onto the prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are just starting to turn light brown. Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
This post is linked to Sweets for a Saturday.