Work kept me away from my kitchen for nearly two weeks, so upon my return this past weekend I just had to bake something immediately. My husband and I took an inventory of possible cookie ingredients that we had in the house, and we decided that the combination of almonds and white chocolate chips would be tasty. These cookies turned out to be really good. The edges bake up slightly crisp while the center stays nice and chewy. These were a definite winner at our house!
ALMOND WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
From Hannah's Kitchen
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 bag (11 ounces) white chocolate chips
1 cup sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment
2. In a small bowl combine the flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
3. In the large bowl of a stand mixer beat butter and sugars until
light and fluffy. Add eggs and extract and beat until well mixed. Slowly
add the flour and mix until just combined.
4. Stir in the white chocolate chips and almonds.
5. Use a tablespoon-size cookie scoop to drop the dough onto the
prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are just
starting to turn light brown. Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before
removing to wire racks to cool completely.
This post is linked to Sweets for a Saturday.