My Mom has been making these bars for years. They are easy to make and oh so decadent! If you don't like nuts, feel free to omit them - the bars are still delicious without them.
CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY CRUMB BARS
From Nestle Toll House
YIELD - 36 bars
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
2. Beat butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in flour, sugar, and salt until crumbly. With floured fingers, press 1 3/4 cups crumb mixture onto bottom of prepared baking pan; reserve remaining mixture.
3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
4. Microwave 1 cup chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on high power for 1 minute; stir. Chips may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Spread over hot crust.
5. Stir nuts into reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over chocolate filling. Drop teaspoonfuls of raspberry jam over crumb mixture. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
6. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.