This morning I made blueberry muffins for Matthew for breakfast.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup milk
1 cup fresh blueberries
2 tablespoons coarse sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease 12 muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
2. Combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Create a well in the flour mixture and add the oil, egg, and milk. Stir just until combined. Fold in blueberries.
3. Fill muffin cups and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of coarse sugar (or more to taste).
4. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until light golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove muffins and place on cooling rack.